What is scrambling? In short, scrambling is exciting, it’s airy, it’s exposed, it’s exhilarating, and most of all it’s simply a GREAT way to ascend a mountain. It is almost easier to describe what it isn’t. It isn’t just hill walking, it isn’t as technical as rock climbing. Scrambling lies in that grey area between hill walking and rock climbing. It is where you head out to the mountains equipped for a day of walking, but you look for lines to the tops that will allow for some clambering and climbing on the rocks – but hopefully nothing too hard.
For those early forays go with someone that has experience and knows what they are doing. That could be with an experienced mate, a local mountaineering club or of course with us!
If you have never tried scrambling, make plans to do so now! As well as being exciting, airy, exposed, exhilarating, and a GREAT way to ascend a mountain, it’s also extremely addictive.
Guided scrambling weekends with Will4Adventure 2021
For those of you with a good head for heights, this is an exhilarating way to ascend a mountain offering high airy views and plenty of excitement. Perfect for seasoned walkers or aspirant adventurers!
Weekends coming up …
- 1st/2nd May 2021 – Snowdonia starters. Snowdon via Y Lliwedd and the Nantlle Ridge
- 22nd/23rd May 2021 – Lake District, Helvellyn via Striding Edge and Blencathra via Sharp Edge
- 29th/30th May 2021 – Snowdonia, two of the best. Tryfan’s North Ridge and Crib Goch
- 5th/6th June 2021 – Snowdonia, Snowdon via Y Gribin and the Llech Ddu Spur
- 11th/12th September 2021 – Lake District, Helvellyn via Striding Edge and Blencathra via Sharp Edge
- 18th/19th September 2021 – Snowdonia, Snowdon via Y Gribin and the Llech Ddu Spur
- Hire your own guide for a day from £160 per day