AAC UK has commissioned Will4Adventure to deliver these 2 day core skills courses designed for the novice mountain biker, or anyone keen just to give mountain biking a go. These courses are designed for the complete novice but in the two days you will get to learn so much more than just the basics. With a leader to client ratio that won’t exceed 1:4 you’ll be guaranteed a great time!
AAC MTB Core Skills Courses
PERFECT for beginners new to mountain biking, or in fact for anyone that has never had any formal teaching on how to ride a mountain bike, on trails. This course introduces you to the core skills of cycling off-road. Day 1 will be based around learning new skills, whilst day 2 will incorporate a ride of a moderate distance taking in some classic Peak District mountain biking trails. The two days aims to cover these objectives:
- Looking at how to check the mechanical safety of your bike
- Bike adjustment for most efficient riding position
- Correct riding position for ascent and descent
- Braking and weight distribution
- Route reading
- Cornering with confidence – berms and turns
- Control on steep descents
- Managing steep gradients, small drop offs
Location: in and around the Hope Valley, Derbyshire
Price per person: £150
Leader/client ratio: 1:4
Base Camp: Castleton, Derbyshire
1. Book and pay for your course with us – see the booking form below.
2. Wait for confirmation from us to let you know you have a place on the course.
3. Once you have booked your place, you’re then eligible to apply for a UK training grant with the AAC(UK). See the AAC(UK) website for a UK training grant application form and information.
If you have any questions about this please do feel free to contact Will using the details at the top right of this page.
Please be sure to read the booking conditions.