AAC UK has commissioned Will4Adventure to deliver introductory rock climbing courses designed for the novice climber, or anyone keen just to give rock climbing a go. These courses are designed for the complete novice but in the two days you will get to learn so much more than just the basics. We’ll introduce you to the fundamentals of climbing, and without doing anything too hard, we’ll aim to have you climbing a variety of routes from slabs to overhangs, and from corners to aretes. With a leader to client ratio that won’t exceed 1:4 you’ll be guaranteed a great time!
AAC Rock Climbing Course – Introduction to Climbing Skills
Learn to climb on this introduction to rock climbing course held in the beautiful Peak District National Park. Perfect for the complete beginner: everything from tying in to a harness and belaying, to the fundamentals of rock climbing techniques to help you on your way up the rock face. All our beginner courses start with a bouldering session to get you used to the rock before we start you on the roped routes. Included:
- Bouldering session
- How to belay and tie in to your harness
- Efficient use of foot-holds to support your weight
- Balance exercises and position of centre of gravity
- Different types of hand hold and how to use them
- Lots of climbing on graded routes
Location: the gritstone edges of the Peak District National Park
Price per person: £135
Leader/client ratio: 1:4
Base Camp: Castleton, Derbyshire
1. Book and pay for your course with us – see the booking form below.
2. Wait for confirmation from us to let you know you have a place on the course.
3. Once you have booked your place, you’re then eligible to apply for a UK training grant with the AAC(UK). See the AAC(UK) website for a UK training grant application form and information.
If you have any questions about this please do feel free to contact Will using the details at the top right of this page.
Please be sure to read the booking conditions.