Booking Conditions – UK Courses and Events
- A non-returnable deposit is required at the time of booking being equal to at least 25% of the course/weekend price (with a minimum payment of £25). The balance is due 4 weeks before the commencement of the course/weekend.
- If you book a place by email, a place will be held for you for 10 working days until the deposit cheque is received. After this time, the place may be offered to someone else.
- If you cancel within 4 weeks of the start of a course, you will be liable for the full course fee, unless you find a suitable replacement paying the full amount due.
- Unless otherwise stated, candidates are expected to pay their own accommodation costs and/or catering costs.
- Sometimes Will4Adventure staff may offer a lift to candidates, in their own cars, either to and from the venue or during a course. These arrangements are nothing to do with Will4Adventure, and as such are offered on a goodwill basis. No right to travel is intended or implied. They are non-commercial arrangements, and any payments are made solely on a cost-sharing basis. No liability is implied or accepted by Will4Adventure for any loss or damage experienced by a candidate in such cases.
- The right to alter or cancel a course is reserved. If Will4Adventure cancels a course, prior to commencement and through no fault of the participant, refunds will be given in full. No liability for consequential loss is accepted.
- Upon receipt of registration for a course/weekend, details of start and finish times are supplied prior to attending, along with an outline programme and any kit requirements.
- Candidates are advised to insure themselves against cancellation or curtailment, personal injury and loss or damage to personal effects and equipment. Will4Adventure cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage to personal effects/equipment, howsoever caused.
- Will4Adventure Ltd is insured for public liability to the limit of £5 million.
- It is essential that you fill out a Will4Adventure medical history questionnaire (supplied after booking) prior to attending and provide any updates in this regard that may occur between making the booking and attending the event. Will4Adventure cannot accept any liability for any loss or injury caused by medical conditions that were not disclosed. Disclosure of a medical problem will not necessarily preclude you from attending.
Tuition and Safety
- All course instructors and event leaders will be qualified to the standard required by the associated awarding organisation or by the associated National Governing Body.
- The syllabus for each course is as stated on this website. However, the exact programme may vary depending on the weather, experience of the candidates, location etc.
- Safety is of paramount importance. Therefore, candidates are expected to agree to act on any requests that staff consider necessary. Will4Adventure, and any of its staff, reserves the right to terminate a course immediately for any person who refuses to act on the advice of course tutors.
Risk and Dangers – Participation Statement
Whilst we maintain high professional standards of client care and safety, you must realise and understand that climbing, mountaineering and other mountain related activities all take place in hazardous terrain. The risks involved can be minimised but never entirely eliminated.
We therefore draw your attention to the British Mountaineering Council’s (BMC) Participation Statement:
The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.
When booking on any of our courses you must understand and accept the BMC participation statement.
- Have a shelf life of 14 months
- Cannot be exchanged for cash
- Change is not normally given for purchases below the value of the order
COVID-19 (correct from 1st July 2020)
If you are unable to proceed with your booking due to UK government restrictions related to Covid-19 which prevents you from attending a course/training with us (such as the onset of any Covid symptoms, travel bans or enforced self-isolation) you will be able to choose from one of the following options:
a) Reschedule to another course date of your choice from any of those advertised on our website. Changes made within a predefined ‘change window’ will not be subject to any of our usual administration or cancellation fees.
b) Postpone your booking and apply a credit note to your order. The credit note can be redeemed at any time within one year from the original date of your course.
c) Request a full refund.
These Covid related conditions will be reviewed regularly and will be subject to change or removal without prior notice.